Today marks the start of the XXI Festival del Habano (February 18-22) will start in Cuba. This year the San Cristóbal de la Habana, Hoyo de Monterrey and Trinidad brands will be particularly celebrated.
San Cristóbal de la Habana will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the brand and will be celebrated at the opening night. It will take place on February 18th, at the Antiguo Almacén de la Madera y el Tabaco, at the port of Havana.
Wednesday February 20th, Hoyo de Monterrey will present the Gran Reserva 2019 edition: Hoyo de Monterrey Double Coronas Gran Reserva Cosecha 2013. The event will take place at the El Laguito reception hall
Trinidad will be the guest of honor of the gala dinner, taking place on Friday February 22nd. On this occasion, the Trinidad 50th anniversary humidor will be presented.
Like every year, participants can go to the tobacco plantations in Vuelta Abajo, visit the prestigious factories, attend conferences, perform tastings and compete in the second edition of the Habanos World Challenge competition.
Below is an excerpt from the program of the XXI Festival del Habano:
- Monday 18 February 18th: registration, press conference, preliminary competition for the Habanos World Challenge, opening of the fair and welcome evening.
- Tuesday 19 February 19th: visits to tobacco plantations
- Wednesday February 20th: opening of the seminar, lecture by Eusebio Leal Spengler, main seminar on rolling a parejos with pigtail (Miguel Bargaza), lunch in El Bucán, presentation of the book: Lo Llamaremos Cohiba (Adargelio Garrido de la Grana), tasting, Habanos & Wines (Ribera del Duero Alliance), evening dedicated to Hoyo de Monterrey Gran Reserva Cosecha 2013
- Thursday February 21st: visits to the factories, lunch in El Bucán, tasting, Habano Moments
- Venerdì 22 febbraio 2019: iscrizione, finale Habanos World Challenge, chiusura dei seminari e della fiera, pranzo d’addio a El Bucán, cena di gala dedicata a Trinidad ed al suo 50° anniversario; la serata si concluderà con la consueta asta degli humidor il cui ricavato verrà donato al sistema sanitario pubblico cubano. Friday February 22nd: end of the Habanos World Challenge, closing of the seminars and fair, farewell lunch in El Bucán, dinner dedicated to Trinidad and its 50th anniversary; the evening will end with the usual auction of humidors, with the proceeds going to the Cuban public health system.
Prices for activities for the whole week start at 2,075 CUC, equal to about 2,700.00 euros.