These two editions were both released in the new millennium. The Reserva edition was introduced for the first time in 2003, while the Gran Reserva edition in 2009. In both these series, the tobacco used for making the cigars has undergone a longer aging process compared to the Cuban regular production. The difference between the 2 editions lies in the aging of the leaves. For the Reserva, the tobacco used has a minimum of 3 years of aging, while for the Gran Reserva the tobacco used has a minimum of 5 years of aging. The cigars belonging to these series are cigars that are part of the standard production of Habanos S.A. (except for the Cohiba Media Coronas Reserva 2003). The boxes that are used to pack this two lines differ from those of ordinary production, both in aesthetic terms and in number of cigars. In addition to the regular band normally present, cigars are dressed up with one more Reserva or Gran Reserva band.
Details about the bands used:
- in the first edition of 2003 (Cohiba Seleccion Reserva), the Reserva band featued only the “Reserva” written.
- in the 2005 edition (Reserva Cosecha 2000), the “Reserva” written is gone, and there is now the Reserva logo, made of 2 “R”.
- in the 2008 and 2012 editions (Reserva Cosecha 2002 and Reserva Cosecha 2008) the band is made of two “R”, together with the writtens “Habana” and “Cuba” (respectively to the right of the 2 central “R”).
- 2003: Cohiba Esplendidos Reserva – Julieta No.2 47×178
- 2003: Cohiba Corona Especiales Reserva – Laguito No.2 38×152
- 2003: Cohiba Piramides Reserva – Piramides 52×156
- 2003: Cohiba Media Coronas Reserva – Media Coronas 38×142
- 2003: Cohiba Robustos Reserva – Robustos 50×124
- 2005: Partagas Serie D No.4 Reserva – Robustos 50×124
- 2007: Montecrsito No.4 Reserva – Marevas 42×129
- 2012: Romeo y Julieta Churchills Reserva – Julieta No.2 47×178
- 2014: H. Upmann No.2 Reserva – Piramides 52×156
- 2016: Hoyo de Monterrey No.2 Reserva – Robustos 50×124
- 2018: Cohiba Robusto Reserva – Robustos 50×124
GRAN RESERVA SERIE
The bands used hasn’t changed much since the first release. The logo is made of the two initial letters of the serie: “GR”. To the left and to the right of the logo, there are the two writtens “Havana” and “Cuba”.
- 2009: Cohiba Siglo VI Gran Reserva – Canonazo 52×150
- 2011: Montecristo No.2 Gran Reserva – Piramides 52×156
- 2013: Partagas Lusitanias Gran Reserva – Prominentes 49×194
- 2015: Romeo y Julieta Wide Churchills Gran Reserva – Montesco 55×130
- 2017: H. Upmann Sir Winston Gran Reserva – Julieta No.2 47×178
- 2019: Hoyo de Monterrey Double Coronas Gran Reserva – Prominentes 49×194