AF AF_banner Villiger AB alec & bradley gatekeeper davidoff viking
Search
Country
Bahamas
Brazil
Costa Rica
Cuba
Philippines
Honduras
Indonesia
Isole Canarie
Italy
Mexico
Nicaragua
Panama
Peru
Dominican Rep.
U.S.A.
Size
Churchill
Corona Gorda
Double Corona
Gordo
Gran Corona
Lancero/Panetela
Lonsdale
Perfecto
Petit Corona/Corona
Petit Robusto
Piramide/Torpedo
Robusto
Salomone/Diadema
Shorts
Toro
Troncoconico
Price
Under 6
6-10
10-15
15-20
20-30
Above 30
Strength
Light
Medium-light
Medium
Medium-full
Full
Raiting
95-100
90-94
85-89
80-84
Below 80
Generic filters
Flavor profile
Cocoa
Creamy
Earth
Leather
Nuts
Roasted
Smoky
Spices
Sweet
Vegetal
Wood
Search
Spirit type
Armagnac
Cognac
Rum
Whisky
Country
Antigua
Barbados
Canada
Cuba
England
France
India
Ireland
Italy
Jamaica
Japan
Martinique
Netherlands
Scotland
Taiwan
Trinidad and Tobago
United States
Sweden
Wales
Guadalupe
Panama
Dominican Rep.
ABV
38.0-39.9%
40.0-43.0%
43.1-46.0%
46.1-50.0%
50.1-55.0%
over 55.0%
OB or IB
OB
IB
Price
under 50
50-100
100-250
250-500
over 500
Raiting
95-100
90-94
85-89
80-84
Below 80
Generic filters
Flavor profile
Cereal
Floral
Fruity
Honey
Marine
Peated
Sherried
Spices
Sweet
Winey
Wood

Bruichladdich Octomore 08.3 5 Years Old

Bruichladdich Octomore 08.3 5 Years Old

Bruichladdich Octomore 08.3 5 Years Old 1600 900 Luca Cominelli

The Bruichladdich Octomore 08.3 5 Year Old is whisky well know for being a super peated Scotch. The 08.3 edition has an incredible 309 PPM, making this the most heavily-peated Octomore ever. But it is not over, this edition was also aged for 5 years in first-fill bourbon casks (56% of it) and the rest in 44% into ex-Paulliac, Ventoux, Rhone and Burgundy casks.

  • Type: Single malt
  • Origin: Scotland
  • ABV: 61.2%
  • Cask: first-fill bourbon casks and ex-Paulliac, Ventoux, Rhone and Burgundy casks
  • Age: 5 years old
  • Price: $240 – €190
  • Details: non-chill filtered, natural color
Bruichladdich Octomore 08.3 5 Years Old

TASTING NOTES – BRUICHLADDICH OCTOMORE 08.3 5 YEARS OLD

Nose

To the nose a huge amount of peat and smoky scents are perceptible, which overwhelm the rest of the flavor profile, made of malted barley and a touch of sea breeze. After a few moments, iodine, lemon peel and eucalyptus notes are perceived as well, but still relegated to the background.

Palate

Cigar smoke and ash are followed by rich black pepper aromas, enriched with a light note of lemon peel, refreshing a bit the flavor profile. It is slightly sweet.

Finish

Persistence is medium to long. Black pepper and smoke. Very spicy.

Overall, the Bruichladdich Octomore 08.3 5 Years Old is an explosive whisky but this is the type of product that you love it or you hate it. It’s kinda impossible to remain neutral when sipping this Scotch. The smoky notes tend to cover the whole aromatic bouquet and you have to be a lover of this flavor to appreciate this. It needs some time in the glass to be fully enjoyed, and some time means more than 15 minutes.

Rating: 85

Davidoff Villiger Pachuche Pachuche cigars AF la bucanera hawk Foundation
Our website uses cookies, mainly from 3rd party services. Define your Privacy Preferences and/or agree to our use of cookies.
Cookie Info