From 25 May to 2 June the usual Feis Ile festival will be held on Islay. The island distilleries will offer the possibility of special tours and the purchase of commemorative bottles, available only at the shops. These bottles are normally sought after by collectors all over the world because they are limited and sometimes with peculiar characteristics, far from the core-ranges of the respective distilleries. Let’s see in detail the releases for this Feis Ile edition.
- Lagavulin 18 Years, ABV 53.9%, 6000 bottles: American oak barrels and ex-European Bodega sherry.
- Port Charlotte “The Heretic” Vintage 2001, ABV 55,9%, 1300 bottles: vat of the last five remaining casks of vintage 2001.
- Caol Ila 10 Years, ABV 58.2%, 2496 bottles: refill American oak barrels and rejuvenated European oak.
- Laphroaigh Cairdeas 2018, ABV 51.8%: first fill ex-bourbon barrels and double maturation in ex-Fino sherry butts.
- Bowmore Feis Ile 2018, 3000 bottles: ex-Oloroso sherry butts;
- Bowmore Vintage Feis Ile 2018, 212 bottles: a single 1989 ex-bourbon barrel.
- not yet declared.
- Kilchoman Feis Ile 2018 11 years, ABV 55.5%, 744 bottles: four ex-bourbon barrels of March 2007 (n ° 34, 65, 82, 83).
- Bunnahabhain 2007 Moine Oloroso, ABV 59.5%, 1881 bottles: ex-Oloroso Sherry butts;
- Bunnahabhain 2002 Spanish Oak Finish, ABV 58.2%, 1458 bottles: final maturation in Spanish ex-brandy casks.
- Ardbeg Grooves, 46%: ex-wine casks (not specified).